Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fiszman Not Selling Arsenal

Morning all. I'm ridiculously tired today. I know, interesting. On with the news.

Arsenal's largest shareholder, Danny Fiszman, says he has no intention of selling his 24% stake in the club "for the foreseeable future." Good news for people that were worried about a takeover bid by Kroenke or that Ecclestone lad. He had this to say:

"I publicly stated my position back in April and to eradicate any uncertainty supporters may have, I would like reiterate exactly where my position is again.

"I have been a member of the board for 15 years now. The club has experienced many successes both on and off the pitch in that time and being part of the Arsenal family is something that is not only in my mind, but also in my heart."

Sounds like a pretty firm statement from him and a welcome one too. A takeover really wouldn't be good for the club, at least if it was Kroenke or Ecclestone. Hopefully the current board will be around a whille longer.

Arsene Wenger spoke about the huge amount of transfer money being spent in the Premiership this summer. Of course he goes on to say that he thinks we have a deep squad and his is concentrating on developing his players that are already here. Since many people, including myself, think we need a winger, this is what Arsene had to say about that:

"In the wide positions we can play Alexander Hleb, Theo Walcott, Tomas Rosicky and Emmanuel Eboue.

"All these players are on their way up. They are not over the hill.

"Their level is still rising and they are getting better and better."

So we have 3 wingers and a wing back to play in the wide positions. Yes, we need a signing there Arsene. That doesn't seem like a lot of depth, but maybe that's just me.

Skysports has an interesting bit on how Freddie has gotten to be more and more shite in the last few seasons, check it out if that stuff interests you.

And that's about it for today. If you have a comment about Freddie or Fiszman or Kroenke or whatever, speak your mind and let us hear it. Good day all.

ArseNole

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am an Eboue fan, probably for how he played Ronaldo last year as much as anything, and I think his versatility is great, but if we're going to compete in Europe, and the EPL don't we need AT LEAST one more experienced wing? Personally I'd like to see Walcott at Striker a little more this year. Then again...in Arsene we trust...

ArseNole said...

I'm not an Eboue fan at all. I think his defending is shoddy at best and his dives drive me up the wall. I prefer Hoyte in defense and honestly preffered Lauren to both of them. I don't want to see Eboue on the wing. We need to bring someone in.