Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cesc Speaks About Hleb and Adebayor, Senna Linked

Morning all. Sorry I haven't been updating as recently as I'd like, I've just been really busy lately.

So Samir Nasri hasn't been officially signed yet, which makes my prediction from two days ago wrong. I'm positive he will sign though, but I am going to stop predicting when. I would assume it will be this week but every other time anyone has guessed it's turned out to be wrong so I'll just wait until it's officially announced. Marseille's president seems to agree with me.

Setanta Sports reports that Pascal Cygan has heard about Arsenal's interest in his team mate Marcos Senna of Villareal. I wouldn't understand that move at all. People say Gilberto is too old at 32 but Marcos Senna is 31. That's certainly not a typical Arsenal signing. He's a good player and all but how much do you shell out for a 31 year old? He was sensational in Euro 2008 but in my opinion he's too old and I can't imagine that Arsene is really interested in him.


In other BS stories, Adebayor's agent says that his client is not greedy. HA! You're having a laugh.

“Emmanuel is a man of heart, not of money. He is not greedy. He is a kid from the street, has sensibilities and is humble.

“If this was a money problem, then he would have asked to leave. I know that Arsenal’s political position is that they don’t pay high salaries.”

“It is important for Emmanuel that Arsenal show their motivation to keep him,” Courbis said. “Whatever they will decide, the decision will be taken with respect.”


Well if this isn't about money, then what were all those statements a few days ago about how he deserves to be compensated the same as Thierry Henry was at Arsenal? Why would he be interested in a move to Milan (who have pulled out of the race to sign him) who aren't even in the Champion's League next year? I think he's all about the money. He pretty much said that when he said he needed to start thinking about his retirement already. His agent is a twat.

Cesc spoke about Adebayor and Hleb and said he hopes to see them both when he arrives for preseason training. It's tempting for me to say, well since Cesc wants them both to stay I should want them to stay too, but I just can't. I think it would be awkward for them to come back at this point. When you make all the statements that Hleb and Ade's agents made you don't just walk back all happy into the locker room and everyone think the same about you. Players want to know that all the other players are just as committed to giving 100% as they are. You think Kolo Toure or Gilberto, who never complain about money, are going to be really happy with these two? They won't say anything about it because it's not their style but I can't see Kolo especially being thrilled with them. Kolo remember came to Arsenal in very much the same way as Ade. The both were born in Africa and ended up at Arsenal for fairly small transfer fees because they were not developed players. Arsene made them into what they are now. Kolo has been here since 2002 and not looked for a move, Ade has been here for 2 years and now he's ready to bail when people finally think he's a good player.

All I can say is if they do stay I hope it doesn't really upset the locker room chemistry, because that would be a far worse problem than not bringing in Samir Nasri on time or losing Mathieu Flamini.

Goonerholic's article is great today. I think the transfer season would still be a lot better without newsnow honestly. People just sitting there watching it all day, waiting for Nasri to sign, it's terrible.

That's all I've got today because I've got to go prepare for the second podcast which we should be doing today! So look forward to that, and remember that we have arrived in the month where we start the preseason, so we have something to look forward to! Cheers!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advvce to all Gooners out there is not to take ANYTHING in the media seriously.

We cannot know the real story when we have such a bunch of sensation seeking a-holes in charge of our papers.

I for one am doing my best to ignore all the reports i read by telling myself that its horsesh*t.

I believe in Wenger and will be excited when the new season finally begins.

IF Ade goes i'm sure Wenger has some ideas of who he wants. Plus we have Bendtner who had a very good goals to games ratio last season and will continue to imporve.

If Ade stays I won't hold a grudge as long as he knuckles down and goes back to the football loving passionate guy we knew last season.

Wenger's the man. Not Hleb, not Adebayor.

on d gooner said...

If the likes of me are terribly upset with the antics of Adebayor, I wonder what his team mates would feel like to have him staying beside them in the same changing room. 'Greedy twat', 'Daddy long legs', 'Ade-long-throat', I bet.
If he stays which I would not be very happy with, then the fans should make their feelings known by singing him a new song. The song should now go like this, 'Ade-Money, Ade-Money' to the tune of Westminster's Big Ben.

on d gooner said...

If the likes of me are terribly upset with the antics of Adebayor, I wonder what his team mates would feel like to have him staying beside them in the same changing room. 'Greedy twat', 'Daddy long legs', 'Ade-long-throat', I bet.
If he stays which I would not be very happy with, then the fans should make their feelings known by singing him a new song. The song should now go like this, 'Ade-Money, Ade-Money' to the tune of Westminster's Big Ben.

ArseNole said...

Agree with you anon about Wenger having every situation planned out, but it's still frustrating to hear these quotes directly from Adebayor. That isn't the media making stuff up, he actually said it. I just can't wait for the start of the season so we get past all this

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back in the saddle Arsenole...few thoughts...

If Arsene is in fact going after a 31 year old (and I don't think he is)... but I would see it as a sign that he think Gilberto is done (obviously) and that we're really close to be a championship squad and Senna, who was at the top of his game this summer, is the guy to push us over the top...cause clearly it would be a short term buy. I do think Senna could be the perfect guy to bring in as he adds experience in the back...replaces Flamini and he's played with Cesc. Plus it give more time to develop Denilson, Diaby, Conquelin, etc.

As for Ade...I think he was in the clear in terms of the lockeroom until he shot his mouth off last weekend...prior to that he and Hleb both could have said "my agents just doing his job but I've always wanted to stay"...but now...I don't know. The other thing about this situation and the impact on the lockeroom is that it exposes Gallas AGAIN as being a poor choice at Captain. I think a strong captain who had the players respect could difuse this situation in training relatively quickly...I don't think Gallas has either the respect or charisma to do so. I also think it's very telling that Cesc is the only player who's speaking out on this subject....CESC FOR CAPTAIN!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. Link duly added. Love the layout you've got here. Keep it up.

Cheers.

ArseNole said...

Nice to hear from you 'holic, and thanks for the link. Love what you write.

Anonymous said...

I don't want adebayor back in an Arsenal shirt, he IS a greedy twat who thinks he is a lot better than he is.
Dump him in the reserves 1

Anonymous said...

I don't bthink 31 is too old at all (re your comments about Senna).

Obviously the age will affect his sell on price - if we keep him for a couple of years he will depreciate in value significantly, especially compared to a youngster. If the price is right, then i say we go for him.

We can't always be building for the future. We live in the present, in the here and now, and the fact is we haven't won much recently.

A top quality, experienced addition like Senna would, in my opinion, be a great signing!