Monday, June 30, 2008

Spain Are The Champions


Congratulations Cesc! I couldn't be happier for the man. I actually got to watch the first half of the game due to a rain delay at the ball park so I got to saw the goal (which was outstanding) that decided the match. Cesc got to start and the score was still 1-0 at the end of the ninety minutes and Cesc and Spain finally got their hands on a trophy. It had been a 44 year wait for Spain in major tournaments but they fully deserved it. Their play throughout has been exceptional and I thought going in that they had the best squad.

I didn't get to watch the celebrations unfortunately, but Cesc did say it was the happiest moment of his footballing life:

"I don't think we're conscious yet of what we have achieved. Forty-four years later we did it again.

"It's the best feeling you can have as a footballer. It's one of your dreams and I made it."


It was nice seeing Spain win. They played like Arsenal do, with lots of quick passing and movement, and it showed that beautiful football can be winning football. So congrats Cesc and Spain, you fully deserved it.

Mad Jens was very, very pissed off about the refferee after the match, saying he was biased and the match was probably fixed. That's Jens for ya, gotta love him.

With the tournament over, that means the Euro 2008 Contest has been decided, and your winner is Brad, who predicted a 3-2 Spain win over Germany, which is the closest to the actual result. Brad will be receiving a free ArseNole stein mug, courtesy of the website. So congratulations Brad and a great prediction it was.

Actually have some new "news" in the transfer market today, as Werder Bremen midfielder...(sorry not Diego) Amaury Bischoff has been linked with Arsenal. He's been injured for the past two seasons and I think he's probably just talking to hear his head rattle. He says that he is waiting for Arsene's return from Vienna before signing and having his medical. I'll let you know if it goes any further than that.

Young Guns has an interesting article about young defender and reserves captain Havard Nordtveit. He looks a good player in all the reserve matches and Arsene Wenger says he'll make the step up to the first team next year. I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the pre-season.

Arseblog has an interesting bit about the Adebayor to Barcelona stories this morning, saying that Darren Dein was called in to try to work out a meeting with Arsene Wenger to help get the deal done. Wenger blew him off and told him to eat a dick up. It's a good read so check it out.

I'm fed up with all the Adebayor stories and I'm thinking I'm going to take a week off of writing about Adebayor unless he is sold, in which case I will have a celebratory post. I know you all are probably sick of hearing about it as well so I'll save us both the trouble and just take a week break from Ade.

I really don't know what else to write. There just isn't that much else. The transfers should pick up now that the tournament is over. Nasri will 99% positively sign on July 1st, which is tomorrow. Other than that I don't know. I'll put up a new poll to vote in or something, or you can talk on the forums. Or the comments. It doesn't really matter let's just chat Arsenal all day. Cheers! Oh and in other good news the blog just got put on GoonerNews.com, the number 1 news aggregator for Arsenal news!


Arsenal News


And last but not least make sure to listen to the podcast if you haven't gotten to yet. The next one should be out in the coming days with two more contributers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you got GoonerNews - nice one.
Well done Cesc last night!
nasri? who knows about that one, I hope it is announced tommorrow!!