Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Arsenal Sign Amaury Bischoff


Just a quick post to say that Arsenal.com have confirmed that we have signed Amaury Bischoff from Werder Bremen. He's a 21 year old midfielder that hasn't played in two years. He moved to Bremen in 2005 but only played one senior game there. He can play on the center or the right side and he isn't costing the club anything. He's been handed the number 28 kit and will report to training tomorrow.

I wish I knew more about him but when someone hasn't played in two years it's hard to know all that much about him really. I'd expect he'll play in the Carling Cup this season but I wouldn't expect too much from him. Does anyone else know anything about this guy? If you do feel free to tell us all in the comments. Thanks.

2 comments:

WEG said...

Well, he looks like an actor who looks like Jim Carrey (he featured in a sitcom called two guys, a girl and a pizza place). That's all I know. You could always youtube him; if it's a particularly long clip, you might even see his entire 16 minute senior career!

Anonymous said...

I think he has had some trouble with injuries in the past and that has hindered his progression. I think wenger knows he'll be relying on the player to stay fit and it is a bit of a gamble, but if he sees the talent, I'll believe him!