Sunday, May 18, 2008

Arsenal To Sign Nasri


Ok so it's a very very late post today, and it's not going to be a long one because I am sick at the moment and I'm also tired after work. I was going to wait until tomorrow for this but it appears our first signing of the summer is going to be Samir Nasri. Quotes from the Marseille playmaker seem to point to a move to Arsenal in the next week.

“I’ve maybe played my last game at Stade Velodrome,” said Nasri. “In any case I wanted to finish well.”
Several sources are reporting that the fee is going to be 13.5 million pounds and that it should be completed within the next ten days. It looks like Alexander Hleb may be moving to Barcelona and Nasri is seen as his replacement.

This article contains a quote from his agent confirming that there have been approaches for Nasri.

In other news, Roman Domanech has again proved how much of a cunt he is by leaving out Gael Clichy AND Bakary Sagna from the Euro 2008 squad. They both were in the team of the season and yet can't make it into the French squad at all. Absolute bollocks.

Also, Justin Hoyte has been linked with a 4.5 million pound move to Aston Villa. I like Hoyte more than I like Eboue, but I think Wenger likes Eboue more and he isn't really listening to me, so I'm guessing he'll probably be off. At least it'll bring us some money. I'd be sorry to see Hoyte go though.

That's about all I have time for right now because I've got to lay down. More tomorrow if I get a chance but cross your fingers on the Nasri thing. Cheers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gd post. hope we do sign samir nasri

Anonymous said...

Do you think Arsene rates Nasri ahead of Ben Arfa? I'm wondering if Arsenal's attempts to sign him were blocked by the previously reported bad blood between Arsene and Lyon. Anyway, hope this turns out to be our first signing...and I hope he and Cesc become best friends and bring us lots of silverware. So Hleb to Barca now? Okay...gives us Yaya and you can have him. IF Nasri is being signed to replace Hleb, do you think that would mean Arsene would still look to bring in another wing player? Seems like he thinks Carlos Vela's best position is striker...so if we didn't sign another winger...we'd be trading Hleb for Nasri...and left with pretty much the same depth chart on the wings...though hopefully with Walcott ahead of Eboue.

Anyway, hope you feel better! Happy monday.

Unknown said...

It sucks for Sagna and Clichy, but if they aren't in the France squad for Euro 2008 then they can't get injured in Euro 2008!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Mike...I cringe every time RVP plays an international game....

Unknown said...

Yeah, the Netherlands seems to run him into the ground.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Besides...the Netherlands could just as easily not win the Euro's without RVP! I remember last year that frickin nut job that coaches my beloved French team played Henry the full 90 minutes against the Faroe Islands....which is understandable as France only won 7-0...and we all know how healthy Henry was last year...I know these internationals are a HUGE part of football...but they still drive me nuts....