Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Been Awhile

Ok so I've had quite the prolonged absence but now I'm back in action and ready to go. I have been really busy with school and also I just started a new job plus I'm coaching my own team so I haven't had much free time. Anyway, enough excuses from me, and on to the Gunners.

Since we last talked Arsenal beat Sparta Prague 2-0 away (which I predicted, thank you), and drew with Blackburn 1-1 away.

I'd like to start by saying that Jens Lehmann has magically become bloody awful over the summer. He made a huge mistake against Fulham to gift them a goal before giving Blackburn an easy goal last Sunday. I think I myself could have honestly saved that shot. I don't know if he just doesn't have his head in it now or what, but really he's been a bit shit. Fabianski anyone?

Gael Clichy has been outstanding so far. His passing and crosses have improved loads since last season and he may be the best left back in the league already.

Captain William Gallas is going to be out maybe all the way until October. He got a groin injury against the Blackburn cunts and it's really not a good sign for him. He missed a lot of last season and now he's starting off injured two games into this one. Hopefully he'll be able to stay healthier after he gets over this injury.

Arsene Wenger says he is still looking to add to the squad with only a week left in the transfer window.

"I still feel I will do something if it comes up, but at the moment frankly, I am nowhere," the Arsenal boss told the club's official website.

"I have not found anybody. Either they do not exist, or if you go into the market and want to buy someone tomorrow it will be at a very high price."

So basically Wenger is saying he isn't going to buy anyone at all but he's pretending that he might. At least that's what I get from it, what do you think?

That's about all for the day. I'm busy again tomorrow but should be able to get a post up. Till next time.

No comments: