Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bit of News For Today

Morning all, not much to write about surprisingly today. We'll just quickly run through what there is to cover, and first up is the typical ignorance of Tottenham.

Juande Ramos says he is not jealous of our win over Milan because Sp*rs were just as good in a big match against Chelsea...in the Carling Cup Final. It's the Carling Cup! We got to the final of that last year playing a bunch of U-18's and they think it's a massive accomplishment. Then they lose 4-1 to Birmingham.

David Bentley talked about how he had to leave to get first team football and said Theo Walcott might have to do the same. As we all know Bentley left for Blackburn at the beginning of 2006 and has since bashed Arsenal and Arsene Wenger every time he gets a chance. Theo gets his minutes and he is only going to get more when he has good appearances. He's only 18 David, worry about your own team.

There is some potentially great news today, as it looks like Mathieu Flamini is getting closer and closer to signing a new deal to stay with us.

"I am very happy here. Every game I give more than 100% and I love playing for this team," he insisted.

"We are a new generation, we have to create a new history. I want to be part of this history, so I hope I will be here for next season. At the moment my advisers are talking with the club, so I really hope that everything will be okay.

"I cannot put a time on it, but I really want to stay here. What is important for a player is to play and I am playing. I am becoming more and more confident and I want to take more responsibility."

Sorry I know that is a really long quote but it is absolutely fantastic news. I was worried when they said Juventus had offered him a deal but then they denied that and now it looks like he'll be coming back. Glad to have you Matty!

Cesc Fabregas says the goal against Milan was the best moment of his career. It really was a sign that he could take over a game in the way that other great players do. When we needed a goal, he got one by himself and out of nowhere. If he can regularly do that he'll be an even scarier proposition for our opponents.

And last but not least is an update on Eduardo, who is now on crutches. He said they don't know when he'll be back but it could be 6 months, 9 months, or 15 months. Let's hope it isn't 15 months but his health is more important than anything else.

That's all I've got for ya, be back tomorrow with a Wigan Preview.

No comments: