Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Barca Want Wenger, My 100th Post

It's almost like managing Arsenal for 100 games, except paid slightly less and being about a million times less stressful. But yeah I'm happy to reach the century mark, especially in such a good season. Here's to the next 100.

So we start off today with a story about how Arsene Wenger is the top target for Barcelona. Now this is a bit odd because they still have Frank Rijkaard there. They are saying if Barca doesn't win the league then he will be sacked and they will make their move for Wenger. Doesn't that seem like a waste of time? I can't think of any amount of money that the Arsenal board wouldn't pay to keep him, and I don't think his main motivation is money so I don't think that would even be the sticking point. He just got a contract extension and I think he really wants to see the young players come through. He's been working with players like Clichy, Fabregas, Flamini, Toure, and others for years now. The place to be is at Arsenal. I don't think Barcelona have got a chance in hell of signing him. So piss off.

Next up is Emmanuel Adebayor saying he has respect for the whining twat Cristiano Ronaldo. He said watching him is like playing on Playstation. He also said that if he had half a chance he'd saw his legs off and feed them to rhinoceros's. Not really but he was thinking it.

Phil Senderos talked about how we've spent a lot more time this year working on Set Pieces, and I'd say it's worked. We have been scoring from corners and free kicks with Gallas, Toure, Senderos, and Adebayor, and have defended them much better as well. I remember when we'd play Bolton or Blackburn or a team like that and I just knew we'd give up a goal off of a corner that match. Not so much anymore.

Ireland just hired their new manager, and Young Guns reports that they want to add our own Liam Brady to the coaching staff. He's currently in charge of our youth development and I think he's done quite a good job. I hope he stays.

We've got United at the weekend in the FA Cup, and I really don't care that much about the result honestly. If we win of course I'll be thrilled and be looking forward to the next round, but don't we all want to win the league more? If we could win both though that would be the very best. Hopefully we'll have more news tomorrow, until then.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I enjoy your blog a lot. I'm also a fan of Arsenal and Florida State. In fact I even posted under the name "Arsenole" at Arsenal America and thought myself very clever, but it seems you had the name first. :)

I look forward to reading more, it is great to get another American fan's perspective.

ArseNole said...

Mike, glad to have you as a reader. It's rare to find another fan of Arsenal AND FSU. I hope you keep reading and enjoying what I post. If you have any suggestions I'm always open to hearing them.

Unknown said...

You're right, I hardly ever meet a fan of both. Seems like all I ever see around Tallahassee are Chelsea fans.

Personally I knew I'd made the right choice when I got my first look at the Arsenal home kit for the last year at Highbury. Red currant with gold lettering...practically Garnet and Gold! What more could a Seminole ask for?

ArseNole said...

Yeah I went to FSU for a year but was raised a Nole my whole life. Shame they are terrible now. You go to FSU?

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm currently in law school at FSU. I started undergrad here in 2002, which is right when we started to suck in football, so I wonder if it is my fault LOL