Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wenger Signs New Deal

Arsene Wenger has finally committed his future to Arsenal by signing a three year contract extension through 2011. The deal is worth a reported 4 million pounds. This has been in the works for a while but it's great to see a deal finally get done with the most important part of Arsenal. Arsene said that it would be wrong to leave after bringing in so many young players and I agree. He convinced them all to come here to play the Arsenal way under his watch and to leave would have left them all out to dry so to speak.

The signing also gives us some stability during all the takeover saga's we've been through lately. First it was Kroenke now it's these Red and White Enterprises whose chairman just so happens to be one David Dein. The Arsenal board has done well keeping the club away from these investors who just want to make a buck and hopefully that will continue.

We've been out of the transfer season for one week and Cesc to Real rumors are already starting again. The papers are reporting that Fabregas had agreed to join Madrid next season, but Cesc has turned those rumors down.

"I am very happy at Arsenal and I go 100 per cent with the decision I took, although I praise the interest of Real in me."

Although it'd be nice if he said he just hated Real Madrid, we'll have to be happy about him staying for now, although I think eventually him leaving is inevitable. Arsene's new deal however should keep him around a while longer.

Jens Lehmann, gifter of free goals, says that he is still number 1 at Arsenal and for Germany.

"I feel I am the No.1 at Arsenal and Germany, although I know I have to train hard every day to justify this," he said.

Bit of a bold statement and I really don't know that he is the number 1 at Arsenal anymore. We'll have to see when he recovers from him "injury."

In other news, Pete H-W is going to have more talks with Stan Kroenke next month. I don't think he's working with David Dein anymore and I'd guess that's what old Petey will want to find out from him.

Tomas Rosicky, Alex Hleb, and Cesc Fabregas have all made a bet to see who can score the most goals this season. Cesc is leading the bet right now with four goals but Rosicky says that he hopes to take the crown as midfield scoring champ.

"I hope I can win it," he added. "It includes all competitions - Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup. When you look at those competitions last year I would have been the winner.

"It would be nice to win again but the most important thing is that we win the games. It doesn't really matter who scores."

It's bloody well worked so far so maybe they should bet on more things.

That's about it for the day. Later ArseNolians

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I hope you are well. I have just viewed your excellent website and would like to invite you to discuss a project which I believe may well be of interest to you and increase the exposure of your blog.

I am available on MSN on spretswell@hotmail.com :-)

Regards,
Simon