Friday, January 25, 2008

Lots of Rubbish From Eboue

So Emmanuel Eboue, off at the African Cup of Nations, apparently doesn't watch Arsenal while he's away yet still feels the need to comment on events that transpire in his absence. I don't know who asked Eboue for his comments or if he just felt like running his yap but somebody interviewed him about what happened between Bendtner and Adebayor in the match the other day. He had this to say about it:

"I don't know what happened. I tried to call my friend and he said to me that Adebayor punched Bendtner. But I didn't ask him why. I am going to call Ade and speak to him about it. It is no good for a young player to see that on the pitch. For me, you have to take care when you are on the pitch and be careful because a lot people are watching the game. I am hungry when I am playing, but I hope I would never punch someone."

So I guess his friend doesn't watch the match either, because he certainly didn't punch Nick. I think if Eboue isn't even going to bother watching the match he should keep his mouth shut about anything that happens and concentrate on his own game. Just my opinion.

But that isn't all Eboue said. He's also saying that Milan and Juventus both want to sign him.

"I didn't want to talk about that. What I can say is that many big clubs spoke to Arsenal about a transfer in the January transfer window."

Well if you didn't want to talk about it, why didn't you just not answer? I'm sick of this pandering to other clubs just saying everyone and their sister's uncle wants them to increase their value. It's nice when players are just happy where they play and with their pay, but I guess this is how it's gotten.

I don't think Milan or Juventus are really interested in Eboue. I can't imagine why they would be. He's been complete shite out on the wing for us this year and really wasn't that good of a defender either. He is still young and should just concentrate on improving his game and trying to succeed with Arsenal and stop talking. I think it would help.

In other news, Adebayor didn't get into any trouble with the FA. It's been reported on all the other blogs so I'm not going to go into detail on that, but it's very good news because we need him.

Looking ahead to Newcastle, it looks like Clichy and Senderos will be back for us, which is definitely an improvement. Hoyte looked bad last match and Clichy I think is one of the best left backs in the league.

Bacary Sagna has been seduced by the FA Cup. He said he would sleep with the Cup every night and run his hands all over it. No but really he just wants to win it in his first season. That would be nice.

In injury news, it looks like Denilson will be out for the next month at least and RvP and Djourou still have no real time table.

That's about all I have today. Off to Orlando for the weekend to watch the Celtics vs the Magic and go to Disney World. Up the mighty Gunners!

No comments: